Entry To Canada

darlenecaldwell canada

Entry into Canada may not always be as easy as you may have thought, especially if you have had some convictions for DUI. If you search DUI Canada Entry regulations, you will find that any Canadian immigration officer can deny you entry on the grounds you are criminally inadmissible, if you have a criminal record that shows any DUI offenses. In the case of single offenses, for them to be able to deny you access to Canada, the offenses must be less than 5 years old but if there are multiple offenses they must be less than 10 years old. If you are in the middle of a Dui charge which is to say you have been charged but no verdict has yet been given, as to whether you are given entry to Canada will be up to the relevant immigration officer dealing with you. In these instances it is always beneficial to you being granted entry, if you have a legal letter from a Canadian DUI lawyer which explains the outstanding offense. Although the immigration officer may deny you entry to Canada because you have DUI offenses, you can still enter if you apply for and receive a temporary resident permit. These permits are issued provided that you meet certain criteria and have a good reason for wanting to enter Canada. Most people find that the best way of obtaining one of these permits is to seek assistance from a Canadian DUI lawyer as they are familiar, not only with the permit but also in how to get it approved.

In the United States and Canada, DUI which stands for driving under the influence, is applied to all offenses which involve driving whilst having taken too much alcohol. In other countries these offenses may have other names such as in the UK they are simply known as drunken driver offenses but regardless of what they are called or in which country the offenses took place, the Canadian immigration officers are entitled to deny you entry. It is not just Canada that takes these offenses seriously as most other countries also do and therefore ensure that all such offenses are clearly marked on your criminal record. The first instance of someone being charged for driving under the influence of alcohol occurred in 1897 London. A London taxi driver by the name of George Smith, drove into another vehicle and although this was the first offense of its kind, he was fined 25 shillings which today would be the equivalent of £127 or US$190. Different countries have different punishments for offenses which involve both driving and alcohol and some of the countries even insist on imprisonment for such offenses. Although in the US there are programs which allow an offender that admits guilt to undergo probation in order to save annotation being placed on their criminal record, mot states do not allow this rule to apply to DUI offenses and so if you reside in the US or have had a DUI offense in the US, you should check to see if it is shown on your criminal record prior to trying to enter Canada.

scriptsell.neteDataStyle - Best Wordpress Services